Computrition, Inc. is the leading provider of fully integrated foodservice and nutrition management software systems. With over thirty years in the hospitality and healthcare industries, as well as the DoD, Computrition is an international company with offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Computrition's all-encompassing software systems are designed to increase efficiency and productivity in the foodservice and/or nutrition services operation. We provide menu management, inventory control, nutrition office management, nutrient analysis and more. Put your nutrition and food knowledge to use in a unique setting. Computrition allows you to creatively use computers in nutrition and foodservice. We are currently seeking the following:
Technical Support Services Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist position is a full-time position located in our Southern California office. This person will work as part of our Customer Care team to provide implementation and ongoing remote support services for our proprietary software applications. Job responsibilities will include new installations and upgrades of our software on existing Windows and Linux based servers, ongoing troubleshooting and internal testing, and basic troubleshooting of the network environments and hardware it is installed on. The selected candidate will also be responsible for assisting with after-hours installations and will be part of the 24x7 on-call rotation for our Technical Support team. Additional responsibilities may include working directly with our Development team in resolving escalated issues, assisting our Documentation team in the creation of ongoing support documents, and working with our Project Management team on new installations or upgrades.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of foodservice and/or retail sales related information is helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and set priorities within time constraints.
- Courteous and professional phone manner, demeanor, and attitude are essential.
- Must be organized, able to learn quickly, and work independently as well as coordinate efforts with other team members on universal customer issues. Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be willing to work variable hours Monday – Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Pacific Time) and on a rotating basis for 24x7 customer support.
- Occasional travel may be required for onsite installations.
A qualified candidate will possess all or most of the following skill sets.
- Formal training in 2008/2012/2016 Windows or Red Hat Linux server-based networking environments OR a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a server admin role.
- Experience in the support and troubleshooting of Windows-based printing environments, print servers and network-based printers.
- Experience in supporting third-party applications on various handhelds devices such as iPods, Tablets, and Windows Mobile handheld devices.
- Experience supporting Windows IIS web servers and web-based applications.
- Experience with Linux command prompt, package management, installs, network troubleshooting, and VI, is a plus but is not required for this position. To be qualified a candidate will be comfortable with the command prompt.
- Undertakes ad-hoc assignments as required to react quickly and positively to new or emergent situations with positive energy levels and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity.
- Ability to remotely connect to servers over multiple types of VPN connections SSH, and RDP protocols.
- Previous IT experience and Server Support including VMware, Hyper-V and Citrix/Terminal Services as well as Oracle Database environments preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows-based software applications.
- Experience in programming or supporting HL7 Interfaces or Hospital Information Systems.
- Experience installing and configuring and troubleshooting multiple Windows Server OS, as well as Red Hat is also helpful.
This is a full-time position. It is ideal for those who are self-motivated, dependable and stable. We offer an excellent career growth opportunities and benefits package.
If you feel that you are the A Team Player that we are looking for, please submit your resume and a one-page letter stating why you think you are the candidate that we are looking for. Salary is commensurate with experience. As part of Computrition's evaluation, candidates will be required to complete a background information check, prior to any offer being extended.
Submit your resume by clicking Apply Here.
Please feel free to browse our website at www.computrition.com for further information.
Computrition Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Company’s Human Resources Department.