If you are interested in working for a fun, small development shop that sells software to the healthcare industry, then we are right for you. If you want the feel of a small company but with the funding security, then we might be what you are looking for. AND, if you would rather commute to the technology corridor northwest of Boston than into the city, we are certainly the place you should check out.
Computrition, Inc was founded in 1981 and has primarily been selling enterprise software solutions to the Food and Nutrition departments of acute care hospitals. Our software is also used by the US Marine Corps, most Veteran’s hospitals, as well as other parts of the DoD. Working on the R & D team at Computrition is fun, fast-paced, and always interesting.
We are a small development team which runs Agile Methodology. We are introducing new applications using new technologies, while maintaining a flagship application that is installed in over 1,000 hospitals in North America. With this in mind, we need someone who has been around the block.
We are currently seeking the following:
Data Warehouse Engineer
Our ideal candidate would be someone who can immediately impact the team by helping to translate business requirements into robust software solutions.
- Contribute to data warehouse software selection and own roll out
- Design and implementation of data schemas
- Ability to understand existing complex schemas
- Recommend and implement tools to migrate data from transactional systems (ETL/ELT)
- Create maintenance plans for data aging
- Generate optimal queries for reporting systems
- Assist with optimization of transactional database systems
- At least five years of technical experience (software or database developer, etc).
- In-depth experience with Data Integration design, SQL, ETL-Tools, and data warehouse design (star schema, etc.)
- In-depth experience with Data Modeling
- Exposure to relational-based reporting tools
- Business and/or technical knowledge of Data Security
- Experience with Oracle databases and tools a plus
- Strong knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Someone who likes to laugh and easily gets along with others. (We like to have lots of release parties!)
- Ability to cook a main dish would help endear you during our pot-lucks
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated ability to solve problems, individually and as part of a team.
It is preferred that this full-time position be based in our Bedford, MA Development office. However, depending on previous experience, we may consider a different office location. We offer a flexible schedule, excellent growth opportunities, benefit package, and great working conditions. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Submit your resume by clicking Apply Here.
Please feel free to browse our website at www.computrition.com for further information.
Computrition Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Company’s Human Resources Department.